Bright Health insurance coverage for Substance Abuse Treatment
Does Bright Health insurance cover Alcohol & Drug Rehab?
Bright Health insurance is a Marketplace plan that conforms to the Affordable Care Act (ACA) guidelines. These guidelines provide members with essential health benefits that include mental health and substance use disorder services.1 With Bright Health coverage, you will have access to all the essential health benefits provided by ACA.1
However, you may want to check with the rehab facility before starting the admissions process to ensure that they are in the Bright Health network coverage. Out-of-network providers may have additional costs.
When you call the rehab center, someone will verify your Bright Health insurance benefits. Additionally, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card to receive more info about your specific plan.
What will Bright Health insurance cover?
As mentioned above Bright Health rehab will cover mental health and substance use disorder treatment. This type of treatment can range from intensive to sporadic, depending on your specific needs. When you contact a Bright Health recovery facility, an admissions navigator will discuss the different treatment plans available.
It may be helpful to participate in all levels of treatment so you receive the full continuum of services for addiction. Other people may require just 1 or 2 treatment levels before they are ready for life on their own. A case management advisor can assist with planning a rehab treatment plan.
Each Bright Health rehab insurance policy may contain slight differences in what it covers. So, it’s best to check your policy to determine what types of treatments are covered by your plan. However, your policy should cover some of the following types of treatments:
- Inpatient rehab program: An inpatient treatment program is the highest type of care you can receive due to its intensity. It also provides 24/7 support from professional clinicians. You will stay at the facility, which is in a residential setting. During your time there, you’ll receive therapeutic care while on the path to recovery.2(inpatient)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): A PHP is also an intensive treatment plan that offers therapy, full-time monitoring, and care. The only difference with the PHP is that you will go home at night. So, it’s a good idea to have a strong support system at home if you start your rehab at this level. 3(partial)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): An IOP will provide many hours of therapy and services throughout the week. However, it is conducted on an outpatient basis. It gives people who need more flexibility in their schedule to have it. 2(outpatient)
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: A standard outpatient treatment consists of regular evidence-based therapy during the week.2(outpatient)
Does Bright Health Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
With a Bright Health mental health plan, you can expect provisions for mental health along with substance use disorders. It’s common for people with a substance use disorder to also have mental health problems.4
These 2 conditions are often seen co-occurring in individuals.4 If you’re unsure about whether you have a co-occurring disorder, you can get an evaluation before beginning treatment. You may want to consider finding Bright Health Insurance drug treatment providers that offer a co-occurring disorder treatment program, so you’ll get treatment for both conditions in tandem.
There are some mental illnesses that co-occur more readily with someone who misuses substances.5 These include the following:5
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Psychotic illness
- Borderline personality disorder
- Antisocial personality disorder
The reason these or other mental health conditions co-occur with substance misuse is not completely known.4 However, Bright Health insurance coverage will help you with the costs of a dual diagnosis treatment program. Due to federal laws, you are guaranteed equal treatment for substance abuse or a mental health condition as you are for other health problems. 6&7
The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008 states that insurance companies must not discriminate against people seeking treatment for mental health and substance abuse.6 Also, the Affordable Care Act of 2010 says insurance providers must offer coverage for essential benefits, including mental health and substance use disorder treatment.7 Bright Health insurance for addiction treatment and a stand-alone drug rehab fall under this mandate.
How Long Does Bright Health Insurance Cover Rehab?
The length of time your Bright Health rehabilitation coverage will pay for depends on the exact policy or plan you have. There are 4 tiers for individual and family plans.8 These are:
- Gold tier.
- Silver tier.
- Bronze tier.
- Catastrophic tier.
The tier level you have could decide the out-of-pocket co-pays, deductible costs, or how long your coverage will be before you need to pay. It’s also important to consult with a case manager about the treatment program that is right for you. That can determine the length of time you will need to be in rehab.
Some people may go to inpatient treatment for a period of time, then transition to outpatient for several more months or even years, if needed. Rehab specialists do recommend that you stay in inpatient for at least 3 months to get a good start at recovery.9
You can look up your plan information by checking the back of your insurance card for details or by calling the number listed there.
What if my Bright Health policy does not cover rehab?
Bright Health Insurance drug treatment programs will often offer additional financial options if you don’t have coverage for your rehab stay. Contact one of the Bright Health Insurance drug treatment centers and ask what type of financial aid plans they offer. Also, inquire about any scholarship opportunities or financial payment plans. By asking, you can find out what options you have. There may be opportunities for reduced prices or free rehab that you were unaware of. It’s vital not to put off seeking help for a substance misuse issue.
Bright Health In-Network vs. Out of Network Rehab Centers
By receiving care from Bright Health insurance benefits that are in network with the provider network, you will be able to save money and cut costs.10 In-network providers are Bright Health Insurance rehab centers that offer competitive rates that you will get covered. You’ll also have a large network of providers from which to choose.10
Going out-of-network for rehab services and treatment is usually not covered by your plan because the facility is not a part of Bright Health treatment centers.10 They won’t offer the same reduced rates to the insurance company. So, you have to pay out of your pocket for services. 10
What Rehab Centers Take Bright Health Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has a variety of rehab centers around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Bright Health, the following AAC facilities accept this insurance:
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and several levels of care in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First Treatment Center is a leading alcohol and drug rehabilitation center offering high-quality addiction treatment.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: River Oaks Treatment Center is in Riverview, Florida, and provides high-quality drug and alcohol addiction treatment including detox, inpatient and outpatient therapy, tele-health, and more.
Check Bright Health Insurance Coverage for Addiction Treatment
Bright Health rehab centers are part of the American Addiction Centers (AAC) top-quality facilities. AAC has rehab centers located across the nation, providing people with the services they require to gain sobriety in their lives.
When you contact AAC, an admissions navigator will quickly verify your insurance coverage for you. You can check your insurance online if you prefer. Just fill out the form on this page for an instant answer.
There are 2 Bright Health rehabilitation centers in Florida, making it convenient for you to seek care close to home. These 2 facilities are top-rated AAC rehabs that have the treatment programs to meet your needs. River Oaks Treatment Center offers inpatient residential rehab, co-occurring disorder treatment, safe detox, and more.
At Recovery First Treatment Center, there is a broad range of addiction treatment plans. Contact either of these facilities for more information, or call the helpline at AAC today.