Florida Blue (BCBS of Florida): Rehabs & Detox Centers in FL That Take Blue Cross Blue Shield
Does Florida Blue (BCBS Of Florida) insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Substance use is something that often makes people feel isolated and alone. If you’re struggling with substance use and are looking for help, you know that going to rehab can help you break free. But how will you afford it?
The good news is that if you have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, your health insurance can cover some or all of the cost of treatment. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires all long-term health plans to cover 10 essential health benefits, which include mental health and substance use treatment.1, fifth bullet
Each BCBS Florida plan is different, so it’s important to know the details before you commit to a treatment program. You don’t have to figure out your insurance coverage on your own, though. You can call the phone number on the back of your card or contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) online or by phone anytime.
This guide will help you understand how to make the most of your Blue Cross Blue Shield addiction treatment coverage.
How to find BCBS Of Florida covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in FL?
Understanding the details of insurance coverage can be confusing, which is why we’re here to help. You can call the Blue cross blue shield of Florida phone number yourself, or you can contact AAC by phone or online at any time. Our admissions navigators can review your insurance coverage in just a few minutes and can also answer any questions you have about substance use treatment.
We’re proud to run a network of high-quality addiction treatment centers around the country. We have two excellent rehabs in Florida, specifically.
Recovery First Treatment Center is in Hollywood, FL. This center offers a variety of treatment options, including inpatient, outpatient, and more. River Oaks Treatment Center is just outside of Tampa, Florida, and combines evidence-based treatment with world-class amenities. This center also offers a wide range of treatment programs, so you can choose one based on your needs.
What is Florida Blue (BCBS Of Florida)?
Blue Cross Blue Shield sounds like a single company, but it’s actually an association of 34 independently owned and operated companies.2, first paragraph Between the 34 members of BCBS, the association covers one in three Americans in the 50 states, DC, and Puerto Rico.2, first paragraph
The BCBS company in Florida is known as Florida Blue. Florida Blue insurance has been around for over 75 years and focuses on partnering with members to make benefits affordable, easy to access, and available across a wide range of health needs.3, Our Purpose Today, Florida Blue is the largest provider of individual Marketplace plans in a single state and operates neighborhood hubs where members can speak directly with experts about their health needs.3, Our Heritage
How Much Does BCBS Of Florida Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Substance use is complex, and there’s no single treatment that works for everyone. Your doctor will work with you to determine a personalized plan based on your needs, and your insurance will focus on covering what’s medically necessary for your situation.
There are a variety of treatment approaches. The most common are:4,5
- Inpatient rehab. Inpatient care allows patients to focus exclusively on their treatment and recovery without any distractions. Patients live at the treatment center full-time and receive around-the-clock care, which allows them to learn new habits and coping mechanisms to help them stay substance-free. Inpatient care can provide a fresh start for those struggling with addiction, and it allows patients to get away from their home environment while they focus on getting better.
- Outpatient rehab. Outpatient treatment allows you to continue living at home and attend to your usual responsibilities while still getting the help you need. Outpatient sessions focus on substance use education, individual and group counseling, and teaching participants how to cope without substance use. This can be a way to start your recovery journey or a follow-up after graduating from inpatient treatment.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP). IOPs are structured programs that follow a schedule and routine, which can be helpful for those struggling with addiction. These programs offer a more intensive form of outpatient treatment, allowing you to live at home while getting additional support. IOPs help you build the skills you need to live without substance use and also offer courses to address the issues that cause addiction.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP). PHPs offer an option for those who need a high level of care but can remain substance-free outside of a rehab center. The daily structure and intensity of treatment are similar to that of inpatient/residential programs, but you stay at home in the evenings. Some of the services that PHPs may include are one-on-one therapy, group therapy, family meetings, and treatment of co-occurring mental health disorders.
What’s most important about getting the right program for your needs is following through and completely finishing your treatment plan. It’s common to want to stop early because you start to feel better, but the only way to ensure you can use your new habits under pressure is to continue to practice them. The program is structured to give you the best available chance of long-term success, so be sure to complete it.
Does Blue cross blue shield of Florida provide coverage for mental health treatment facilities?
Do you struggle with your mental health alongside substance use? If so, you’re not alone—in fact, 50% of those who misuse substances have a mental health diagnosis.6, second paragraph This is known as a co-occurring disorder. What’s important when you struggle with both mental health and substance use is to get treatment for both at once. Studies show that integrated treatment gives you a much better chance of long-term success than only addressing one or the other.7, first paragraph
Is there a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida mental health coverage that can help you get integrated treatment? There is—both mental health and substance use treatment are part of the 10 essential benefits required by the ACA.1, fifth bullet That means your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida coverage will help pay at least some of the costs of treating both conditions.
How Long Does BCBS Of Florida Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
How long will you be in treatment? It’s a common question, and the answer is different for each person. Your doctor will help you create a treatment program that meets your needs, and its length will vary. Research shows that most people need at least 90 days to make a significant change in their substance use habits, so most treatment programs are at least 3 months long. However, your specific program may be longer, depending on your needs. What’s important is to complete the entire program.
When you follow your recovery path completely, you’ll give yourself the best chance of staying substance-free in the long term. You deserve that happier, healthier life. Most insurance plans focus on helping with medically necessary care, but there may be specific conditions or out-of-pocket costs. Be sure to review your insurance before you commit to a program by calling Florida Blue directly or getting in touch with AAC by phone, online, or through our contact form.
What if my BCBS Of Florida policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
When you’re looking at different treatment programs, you might find that your insurance plan covers only part of the cost of rehab. That means you have to pay some of the cost out-of-pocket. Or you might be interested in a program that’s not in the network of BCBS of Florida rehabilitation centers, and there’s no coverage from your insurance. Instead, you have to pay the full amount yourself.
Don’t let these situations hold you back from getting the care you need. There are a variety of ways to pay for rehab, and your insurance is only one option. You might find a treatment center with a sliding scale of fees based on your financial situation, or you may be able to set up a payment plan with your preferred treatment center.
Some programs offer scholarships, or you might borrow money from family and friends to pay for treatment. Once you’re free from substance use, you’ll be more focused and productive and far more able to manage your financial situation. What’s most important is to get treatment right away. You can’t afford to wait. Substance use has significant long-term impacts on your health and can cause serious legal problems as well. Get the treatment you need before it’s too late.
Florida Blue (BCBS Of Florida) In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
As you research treatment centers, you’ll notice that some of them are “in-network” Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida drug treatment centers, while others are “out-of-network.” What does that mean? Every insurance plan has a network of doctors and medical facilities that agree to treat patients for a lower fee.9, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network Those providers which make up the plan’s network, get more patients as the insurer encourages members to use them.9, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network
However, most plans have limited or no coverage outside the network.9, p. 2, Why do some plans… So while you’ll pay less out-of-pocket if you use a network provider, you may have to pay the full price if you use an out-of-network provider.9, p. 2, Why do some plans… The best way to maximize your insurance coverage is to find a treatment provider that’s within the BCBS of Florida network if possible. If that’s not possible, don’t panic—there are other ways to pay for rehab, as we mentioned above.
How do you know if a treatment center is within the network? You can call the phone number on the back of your insurance card, or you can contact AAC anytime, 24/7, to verify your coverage.
You deserve to live a life free of substance use, a life that’s happier, and healthier, and allows you to pursue your dreams. Get started right away. You can take the first step by contacting us today.
Rehabs That Take Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.